wendilou wonder: Snowy Days & Skittles

Friday, March 1, 2013

Snowy Days & Skittles

The last couple weeks we've had a few "Snowy Day's".  Sometimes it's enough snow to give me that itch again.  The itch of wanting to pack up my skis and head out west.  Aspen is my first choice.  They have everything I need there.  3 resorts, great restaurants, high-end shopping, and most importantly the mountains.  If I could wake up every morning with this view I would be pretty happy.  I love the 'Skittles' at Snowmass.  It's the shorter Gondola and is called 'Skittles' because they're different colored.  I would love to take Silas here on the weekends.  I imagine the day would start off with a great breakfast by Nick.  I could pack our lunch and some snacks.  We would then go to the mountain and ski for a few hours.  Hopefully hit some fresh powder,  meet up with friends and enjoy the sun.  Afterwards we would go home, take off our ski boots and sit in the hot tub for a little while.  Silas would probably take a nap.  Then we'd get ready for dinner, probably something on the grill.  My parents and Heidi, Nick, & Jellie would come over.  After dinner we'd sit by the fire place outside.  The kids would play and the adults would just watch.  Sounds perfect to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment