wendilou wonder: Baby Time!!!

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Baby Time!!!

Hello everyone.  It's Nick!  I am updating the blog today, as we are at the hospital!  I will take you back one day and get everyone caught up on Wendi and I's adventures.


Yesterday we were at the doctor and they decided that baby is old enough, and Wendi's blood pressure is too high to keep the baby in.  So they decided to admit Wendi to the hospital last night.  This is the last picture in the baby's room with Wendi's bag packed!

We went to Wallgreens to get some food and magazines for our hospital stay.  Then we went to Arbys and wolfed down some roast beef sandwiches, Wendi's last meal until baby comes.  We had to be at the hospital at 7:30pm, and Wendi was rushing the admission process so we could watch Hell's Kitchen, one of our must see shows.  Here we are last night just hanging out watching TV in our baby room.


I had a better night of rest than expected, Wendi was woken up every two hours by the nurses to check her blood pressure and do other things.  At 5am this morning they started Wendi on an IV to induce her.  We both went back to sleep and woke up around 8am when the Dr. arrived.  Then Wendi was moved to the bed and the Dr. broke her water.  We then started the wait.

Heidi made an appearance today around 10:30am and has been keeping us company.  Wendi got some pain meds around 11am this morning, and soon after fell asleep.  Heidi and I went to lunch at B-52s, a burger and everything else under the sun place.  I could tell Wendi was super jealous, I feel really bad that she can't eat anything until baby is here.

So here we are hanging out, Wendi is dilated 3.5cm, and we are just playing the waiting game.  Earl (Wendi's dad) is going to make a visit soon.  All the Doctors and Nurses say the baby should be here tonight some time.  Hoping and praying everything goes well.  We decided on the middle names just this morning, and I am excited to give one of the two names to our baby!  Stay tuned, I will update the blog later!

-Nick 


Quick Update - Nurse came back in and they decided to take her off of the induction drip for a while, and they are going to re-start the drip at 2:30 today to try and kick in the labor.  They said it tricks the body and usually works.  Let's hope so!  Stay tuned.


1 comment:

  1. very excited for you two! can't wait to find out what you have and what you named baby. :)

    ReplyDelete