wendilou wonder: Sneaky Silas

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Sneaky Silas

My eye Dr. was telling me yesterday to enjoy the moments because they go by so fast.  He also told me that Mom's are the best.  Better than Dad.  Maybe in general this might be true but obviously Dad's are good too.  He told me how his wife thought their kid was getting sick and then 2 days later he was.  Silas the other week seemed sick so Nick took him in.  Well 3 days later I took him in and he had an ear infection.  I do think Mom's sometimes know more.  I mean, the baby was connected to us - physically.  Everything I drank, ate, and breathed, so did Silas.  There's a bond there.  And Mom's are supposed to worry, be dramatic, and follow their intuition.  The other week Silas began standing and now pulling himself up.  I suggested to Nick we put the mattress down more.  So we waited a few days and one day we watched Silas on the monitor, pull himself up.  After that Nick dropped it and now I don't worry.  But as one worry goes away another one occurs.  I get a little anxiety when I have to get him in and out of his crib.  I know it sounds ridiculous but it's how I feel.  The out is not so bad but putting him down while trying not to wake him is impossible for me to do.  So I put a stool in his room for me!  Nick took the picture below this morning.  It's a little dark but you can see Silas standing and my stool on the floor.  How do other short people do this? 





No comments:

Post a Comment